Hammer Mills Reduce Medical Waste Size & Hauling Costs
For medical waste processors and haulers maximizing load volume is critical to maintaining profitability. Each load that runs with packets of empty space in it is additional room for material not being used. This means more loads are run than are necessary incurring additional costs. These costs can include labor to drive the trucks, gas to run the trucks, and the additional maintenance from running the trucks more frequently. To help medical waste processors and haulers maximize the waste material volume in their loads, WNC recommends the use of a hammer mill to reduce the size and shape of the waste to reduce the amount of unused space in each load. As a trusted partner of Schutte Hammermill our go to recommendation for a hammer mill that can handle medical waste is the WA Series Industrial Hammermills.
WA Series Industrial Hammer Mills
The WA series is a gravity feed hammer mill that can be configured with multiple different grinding rotors and screening configurations to accommodate various different types of medical waste. Additional key features include:
- Available in more than 20 sizes with widths ranging from 6” to 72” and Rotor diameters from 9” to 40” which allows the unit to be customized to the specific medical waste material.
- Stainless steel construction enables easy wash down and maintenance.
- Multiple hammer styles and sizes available in a variety of materials.
- Hammers are 4-way reversible for maximum wear life.
- Interchangeable, heavy duty bar grates or perforated screens made from abrasion-resistant steel.
- Replaceable interior liner plates offer wear protection when processing abrasive materials.
- Custom in-feed and discharge chutes to accommodate any method of feeding and takeaway, ensuring a clean and safe operating environment.
These features allow for the WA series of hammer mills to handle the most common types medical waste from spent needles to red bag waste to used textiles. By reducing the waste’s size and shape, transporting large amounts of medical waste becomes safer and more economical.
Does the WA series hammer mill sound like the solution to your medical waste transportation issues, but you’re not sure what customization you need or don’t need? Contact Us Here, WNC has over 60 years’ experience providing our customers with the right equipment and knowledge to improve their processes.